Neodymium magnets (also known as NdFeB magnets) are one of the most commonly used rare earth magnets today and are widely used in electronic products such as hard drives, mobile phones, headsets and battery-powered tools. However, neodymium magnets also have some shortcomings, including that their function may be greatly affected in some cases. Therefore, it is important to store neodymium magnets correctly.
How to store neodymium magnets?
1. Do not store neodymium magnets in a humid environment to avoid oxidation. Oxidation may cause changes in appearance, physical properties and magnetic properties.
2. Do not place neodymium magnets near floppy disks, hard drives, credit cards, tapes, debit cards, TV picture tubes, etc. If the neodymium magnet is close to the magnetic recorder and other equipment, it will affect or even damage the recorded content. data.
3. Neodymium magnets are easy to attract all kinds of iron-containing dust. If the neodymium magnet attracts other substances or dust, it is not only difficult to clean but also easily affects the corrosion resistance and surface gloss of the product. Therefore, neodymium magnets should be kept in a dust-free and dry environment.
4. A safe distance must be maintained between larger neodymium magnets. A collision between two magnets can be dangerous, or it can cause two magnets to break and become scrap.
5. For larger neodymium magnets, plastic or cardboard spacers should be added between each magnet to ensure easy separation of the magnets.
6. When handling and storing powerful NdFeB magnets, please be extra careful, because the magnets will stick together by themselves and pinch your fingers.
Thanks for reading our article. Ningbo Tengxiao Magnetic Industry Co., Ltd. has many neodymium magnet products, such as strong NdFeB magnets. Welcome customers at home and abroad to come to discuss cooperation.